1 cup sushi rice
1 cup water
¼ cup rice vinegar
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Salmon flavored cream cheese
(can also add carrots and avocado)
- Rinse the rice several times until water runs clear.
- Add cool water to a pot.
- Add in rinsed rice.
- Bring to a very light simmer over medium heat.
- Cover and cook on medium low heat for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, reduce the heat to low and cook for another 10 minutes. Do not remove lid.
- Remove from the heat and let it sit for 10 minutes. Do not remove the lid.
- Prepare Seasoned Vinegar
- Add rice vinegar, sugar and kosher salt to a saucepan.
- Heat on medium until sugar and salt has dissolved.
- Remove from heat & set aside.
- Peel, seed and slice cucumber into thin slices. Set Aside.
- Pour the rice into a glass dish and pour in the seasoned vinegar.
- Stir to combine and fan the rice to cool it down.
- Cover a bamboo mat with saran wrap.
- Place a nori sheet on top.
- Prepare a small bowl with some water and rice vinegar to keep your fingers moist while spreading the rice if needed.
- Use a wooden spoon or your fingers to place the rice on top of the nori sheet. Smooth it out to make a thin layer of rice.
- Lay on 3-4 strips of cucumber about 2 inches from the edge, followed by thin strips of salmon cream cheese.
- Add wasabi sauce and drizzle on some soy sauce.
- Roll it up tightly. The bamboo mat will make rolling easier.
- Seal the edges with a little rice vinegar water if needed.
- Let the finished rolls sit for about 10-15 minutes.
- Slice the rolls with a serrated knife.
- Serve with various sauces and enjoy.