4 lbs leftover Lechon or Lechon kawali
3 cups Lechon sauce (follow the link for our homemade authentic Lechon sauce recipe)
2 cups beef stock
6 cloves garlic, crushed
2 large onions, chopped
1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
8 pieces dried bay leaves
1/2 cup soy sauce
3/4 cups vinegar
3/4 cups sugar
salt to taste
- Heat a cooking pot and pour-in the beef stock. Bring to a boil.
- Put-in the garlic and onions then cook until the texture becomes soft.
- Add the whole peppercorns, dried bay leaves, and soy sauce.
- Put-in the leftover Lechon and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar and Lechon sauce then simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Dash-in some salt to taste then stir.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve hot with rice. Share and enjoy!
Source: Panlasang Pinoy