Read More »
- 1 pound asparagus
- 3/4 pound fettuccine
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- pinch grated nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Snap the tough ends off the asparagus and discard them. Cut the asparagus spears into 1-inch pieces. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the fettuccine until almost done, about 8 minutes. Add the asparagus; cook until it and the pasta are just done, about 4 minutes longer.
- Drain the pasta and asparagus. Toss with the butter, cream, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and Parmesan. Serve with additional Parmesan.
Source: Bertucci's at Home