- 1 whole large tilapia
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- Dash of ground pepper
- Dash of salt Soy Lime Sauce:
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons lime (calamansi) juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 red chili pepper, sliced
- Scale, clean and pat dry the tilapia. Put slits on each side.
- Sprinkle both sides of the fish including the stomach with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Mix the chopped onions and tomatoes in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the fish on a peice of aluminum foil. Put the tomatoes and onion mixture in the stomach and in both sides of the fish. Wrap the fish tightly.
- Fry each side for 5 minutes.
- Serve the Pinaputok na Tilapia hot with Soy Lime sauce.
The Pinaputok na Tilapia is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
This recipe for Pinaputok na Tilapia serves/makes: 3 - 4